One of the key advantages of outsourcing to an IT support provider is that you’ll have access to advanced technical expertise. Your IT partners can help speed up learning curves for employees, which saves you time and money.
Learning about technology begins with building vocabulary and understanding of the following terms:
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Software or hardware that is capable of performing human tasks. Modern examples of AI include speech or facial recognition software, machine learning tools and self-driving cars. The term “smart technology” refers to automated processes that trigger other automation. AI tools have been growing steadily in the medical profession.
- BDR – Backup and Data Recovery is a strategic data protection plan that ensures fresh copies of data will be available as backup in the event of an emergency. A common strategy is to duplicate data so that it’s stored in both local and offsite locations, which further reduces the chances of downtime. BDR allows businesses to be confident that data will survive a breach.
- Big Data – The use of large data sets for marketing analysis. The Internet of Things (IoT) closely associates with big data, since it involves delivering large amounts of real-time data. An IT support provider can help manage and provide scalable solutions for data growth.
- Breach (Cyber) Defense – Any security strategy for protecting online digital assets. Forms of defense include antivirus software, firewalls, virtualization, and training employees on how to steer clear of suspicious emails. Since hackers have developed sophisticated skills, several security layers are needed to ensure a safe network. Top-quality IT specialists use 24/7 monitoring software that detects and blocks intruders.
- Business Continuity – The flow of normal business activity. When a business operation is interrupted, the result may be downtime, in which zero to little business activity can be conducted. Business continuity is achieved through a well-orchestrated BDR plan. Virtualization, which allows multiple operating systems on one physical server, is a reliable business continuity strategy.
- Cyber or Security Breach – When hackers penetrate a network to collection information, make threats or cause damage. A common type of breach involves malware that is unleashed through email attachments. Many breaches occur due to employee error. A security breach can mean a major disaster for the firm if confidential information is gained by cyber criminals.
LEARNING FROM IT SUPPORT
An IT support provider can train your team to become knowledgeable of cyber threats, which helps maintain continuity. They can also inform you about infrastructure vulnerabilities, as well as provide solutions for all your network issues. Contact us at ION247 to learn more about how we create better working conditions and ways to achieve goals with business technology.
*Blog post updated August 2020.